Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

I am so excited...I have my first follower! I never thought I would get such a warm fuzzy feeling over it but here it is. Thanks for that Kim and I hope I can keep you interested.

I also got 2 comments so I'm going to reply to them how. Firstly to Kim, I am not kissing your butt because you are my first follower, but you are absolutely right. Some people are university people and some people are not. Mr 16 is not. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not sure what it's like over there but here in Australia the competition seems to be getting fiercer everyday. People are losing their jobs all over the place and I guess I want my kids to have as much education as possible so they have a leg up in the employment arena. But if Mr 16 did go to university he would probably drop out anyway because he would hate it so much and that would be a bigger waste of money than what I've already spent on his private schooling (I can hear my wallet groaning from here). I wrote the blog about him during exam time when we were both stressed out but I'm calmed down now and I'm sure he'll work it out. At least he'll never be homeless because he'll always have me :)

And in answer to Sobrina's question - schnitzel is like this hard pressed chicken (or beef) that has been crumbed. It doesn't sound appetising does it? I don't eat it but the kids love it. I kind of like when they have different tastes to mine. That's the best thing about having kids...watching their different personalities develop. I call my kids north, south, east and west because they're all totally different and they're all going in opposite directions. Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

  1. I love the "N,S,E & W" description for your kids! So perfect, and it's really great that you appreciate their differences.

    Believe me, I am *huge* believer in education. It took me a long time to accept that my sister was just never going to be right for a university. Of course life would be easier for her (earnings-wise) if she could make that work, but that's just not who she is.

    So tricky though. Because I know it would be a million times harder for me to accept if we wer talking about my son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your sister happy though? That is the most important question. The reason why my son and I are butting heads is because I know several people who are not educated and who work in factorys and they are miserable! They seem to be stuck in a rut, they do the same tiring thing everyday, they come home filthy and they never have any money. I don't believe money is the most important thing in the world (happiness surely is) but it sure makes life easier and enables you to do the things you really enjoy (then comes the happiness). Its not the money that makes you happy, its the freedom that money can give you. I look at the factory workers that I know and I just don't want that for my beautiful, funny son. He deserves to live his life designing video games and making a bucket from Nintendo. If he was happy working in a factory I'd tell him to go for it, but I know him and I know he wouldn't be. I don't think he'd last the day. Maybe he's just being a teenager. If only we had a crystal ball....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's what schnitzel is! I still cannot imagine haha. I guess I'll just have to come to Australia one day and try it for myself!

    ReplyDelete