Saturday, December 5, 2009

For The Love of Seinfeld


I know I know.  Its been so long since I've written anything.  I've been trying to catch up on all my blog reading but no matter how hard I try the google reader still says 1000+ blog posts to read.  It has been a mad house here as I'm sure it has been everywhere else with Christmas only 3 weeks away and all.  School has finally finished for the year but there are concerts to go to, presents to buy and the rest of the year-round general crap to deal with.

The TV has been playing a lot of Seinfeld episodes lately so I've been watching them while I'm doing all the boring stuff.  I love Seinfeld.  I wish it never ended but I'm glad it did before it got stale.  I hate when TV shows do that.  You can tell they're running out of ideas but they just keep going and going.  I think Simpsons is one of these.  I used to love the Simpsons but I haven't laughed at any of the new ones.  I'd say they should quit while they're ahead but I think its too late.  At least Seinfeld went out on a high note.

Tonights episode was the one where Jerry gets audited for donating to the Krakatoan Volcano Relief Fund (see how I capitalise each word as if it were a real thing).  During the episode Elaine asks if the woman George is dating put Jerry's tax papers in a pocketbook or a handbag.  It must have been a good 10 - 15 years since this show first aired but I have always wondered what is the difference?  So to all you American bloggers out there could you please put me out of my misery and tell me what the difference is between a pocket book and a hangbag...

No comments:

Post a Comment