Monday, February 22, 2010

Where Have You Been All My Life???

On my weekly trip to the speciality fridge at the end of the aisle to get my Cherry Coke, I made a new discovery.  Grape Soda!  I've only heard of Grape Soda about a million times in American tv shows and movies.  Being kind of obsessed with all things American I've always wondered what it tasted like.  And there it was sitting right in front of me.  So of course I bought it.  I took it home and poured it out for me and the kids.  I don't like grapes so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Can you say heaven?  Geez that stuff is so nice!  It was delicious. So now during my weekly bath and read, I am alternating between Cherry Coke and Grape Soda.

As you can see there is not much excitement happening in my life right now.  I am, after all, getting excited over a sugary drink.  I am slowly but surely, making changes in my life according to my style statement.  For starters, the kids and I have made it a weekly tradition to go to the beach every Sunday morning.  We have found a great spot.  It has nice fluffy white sand, the water is warm and clear, not too deep but deep enough, it doesn't have much seaweed and there aren't a lot of people.  Perfect!  Yesterday while we were down there, we saw a sea lion about 5 metres out.  It was just lying on its back and splashing around.  A local man told us that a house on the hill flies the Australian flag when the sealion is there. Apparently its a regular sight.  The locals call him Henry.  Typical that I didn't take my camera and the one on my phone sucks. 

We also saw the shark patrol helicopter fly over.  The kids go wild waving and the guys always wave back.  It's been great.  It's nice to relax and now I look forward to Sunday all week.

As for the other stuff, that is taking a little longer.  I haven't had the time to do anything on the house but fingers crossed I'll do at least one thing this week.  I'm also still at 1000+ blogs to read but I'm working on it.

At least I'm still going to the gym every day even though I'm not noticing any difference on the scales.  Probably too many Cherry Cokes and Grape Sodas :)

Last but not least, I'd like to say hello to my new follower Modern Mom.  It's amazing how getting a new follower and somebody you've never met calling you 'utterly charming' can boost your confidence and make you smile.  All my followers make me smile and I'd like to thank you all for that.  Love ya's!

1 comment:

  1. Grape soda is delicious. Add it to a glass filled with vanilla ice cream and you have a purple cow. Delicious

    ReplyDelete