Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oops I did it again...

You may remember I tried out for the roller derby team last year only to wreck my knee on the first night.  Well this time I exceeded all expectations of my clumsiness.  I went to the snow and broke my leg in 3 places.  Not skiing or doing anything fun like that, just walking...now I'm wondering if I have osteoporosis or something equally as sinister.  I probably could have handled it if it were a simple cast job.  But I had to have surgery on it and screws were inserted.  It has been quite painful and a challenge to get around. 

This is a pic of what my foot looked like after the operation but before they put the full cast on.  Please get rid of this page if you are squeamish.

  It looks like that on the other side too.  And because of this I have an important message.  Be grateful for your feet ladies!  You never know when you might not have them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment